in Public Administration (CPA)
Statement of Need
The changing role of Government is being addressed through
public service reforms. The focus of public service reforms
is restructuring, increasing use of market type mechanisms
and emphasis on performance. These changes have necessitated
a refocus of public administration skills. This course is
design as an essential step to a professional preparation
for a career in modern public service.
The objectives of this training programme are:
- To equip students with the administrative
skills required in public service management
- To enhance students understanding of the
organization, processes and activities of modern Governments.
- To expose students to the public service
version of the new millennium.
- To build a foundation of professional public
Minimum entry requirements for the Certificate in Public Administration
- Practicing administrative and establishment
officers whose backgrounds are not in the area of Public
- Form IV with five (5) principles passes
aspiring to develop their career in Public Administration.
- Secretaries at the level of Executive
Assistants holding Diplomas in Secretarial Studies.
and Tabora Campuses