Dr.Emmanuel Selemani Shindika
Principal and Chief Executive Officer
- SELECTED APPLICANTS TO JOIN DEGREE PROGRAMMES 2019/2020 FIRST ROUND
- For Online Application please Click here
Examinations' resultsContent not found
TPSC LIBRARY AND INFROAMTION RESOURCES CENTER
The Tanzania Public Service College (TPSC) was established under the ambit of the Executive Agencies Act (Act No 30 of 1997) to provide a comprehensive training facility for Public Service and to support the changing needs of Public Services resulting from instituted reforms. The priorities of TPSC are to provide demand driven training, consulting and applied/action research to the public, non- governmental and private sectors of Tanzania.
TPSC libraries were established in all campuses to support the college in carrying out academic issues in accordance with TPSC objectives, goals, mission and vision. The libraries serve as the information providers through book depository, e-resources, computer services and other publications to assist students, academicians and supporting staff in their daily activities.
TPSC experienced the increasing number of student’s enrollments as well as new members in six campuses that is Dar es Salaam, Tabora, Mtwara, Singida, Tanga and Mbeya campuses. The increasing number of students and staff conveyed to the wide use of TPSC libraries. In order to meet the information needs of all users within campuses, there is a need to have a collection development policy and operational procedures guide to cut across.This guide will provide information service to support and improve core functions and enhance the quality of TPSC libraries services.
Currently, all campuses have library services which differ in terms of number of staff, number of collection, number of users and reading capacity.
1.The mission and vision of TPSC LIBRARIES
“To provide better service that will empower and support TPSC users through access to information supported by professional, experienced and competent library staff.”
“To collect and continue to strength and update all collection based on curriculum and needs of TPSC users”.
2. TPSC LIBRARIES
- Dar Es Salam Campus
- Tabora campus
- Mtwara campus
- Tanga campus
- Singida campus
- Mbeya campus
- References services
- Special reserve service
- Internet services
- User training
4.E-RESOURCES SUBSRIBED BY TPSC
- CABI DATABASE
- Mary Ann liebert publishers
- Emerald Group Publishing Ltd
- DE GRUYTER
- Cambridge University Press
- Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers (IEEE)
- Secretarial books
- Records Management books
- Leadership, Administration and Management books
- Finance and Procurement Management books
- Human Resources Management books
- Public Administration books
- Public Sector Financial Management books
- Information Technology books
- General books (research andcommunication skills books
MONDAY TO FRIDAY
- From 08:30am to 22:00pm
- From 10:00 to 14:00
Sunday and Public holiday
- The library will remain closed
7.LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Leave your BAGS and any other unauthorized luggage at the entrance to the library.
- Show your STUDENT’ ID as you enterthe library at the library counter
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- When you borrow any library materials,return them on due time
- Over-dues fine shall be charged; Tshs 1000/= per day
- Do not return the book to the shelves; leave it on the table to be re-shelved later on by the library staff.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Kindly handle all library materials with care
- Library reader’s ticket are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her ticket.
- SILENCE must be observed in the library; don’t disturb others
- Using Mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library premises
- Smoking, E-cigarettes, and the use of smokeless tobacco are prohibited in all areas of the library
- No discussion permitted inside the library
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premise